How To Throw The Best Parties
September 3, 2017 | BY Chong Seow Wei
Fact: the best parties are also the most well-planned ones. Want your guests to have a good time? There's no escaping having to think of the smallest of minute details. Just ask Jeannette Tan, the founder of Imaginoire, which is behind Boudoir Blanc, the swanky new Singapore Grand Prix trackside party that will take place at Fullerton Bay Hotel’s The Clifford Pier on September 16 and 17.
Besides coordinating a similar party for the 2015 Singapore Grand Prix, the freelance lawyer also planned the Seoul Metropolitan Government Gala Dinner for the mayor of Seoul in Singapore last year. Plus, she's rubbed shoulders and partied with the likes of A-listers like Leonardo DiCaprio, Adrien Brody and Paris Hilton.
Here are Jeannette's eight tips to throwing a smashing party:
1. Find a venue that will allow your party concept to work. Consider iconic or heritage spots that can be transformed into something unexpected.
2. You’re not throwing the party for yourself, so know your crowd well before sending out invitations.
3. Don’t be restrained by social norms or taboos. You want a party that provokes, surprises and thrills your guests. Want to have a risque cabaret-themed performance? Go for it.
4. Immersive performances are always a good idea. They never fail to keep your guests entertained and enthralled.
5. These five things always work and go well together: free-flow champagne, specially concocted cocktails, late-night culinary delights, theatrical cabaret or burlesque, and an amazing DJ.
6. But be realistic. Work out a detailed budget of all your estimated costs beforehand and stick to it.
7. Bigger doesn’t always mean better. You might want to host a smaller event if it means you can keep your guests entertained more easily.
8. Finally, party planning is not to be left to the last minute. As the saying goes, “You snooze, you lose.”
12 Men’s Watches For Every Glamorous Occasion
November 10, 2018 | BY Brian Cheongphoto_library
"Instagram, For Me, Isn’t About Likes" Says Cheryl Wee
October 30, 2018 | BY Daphne Chen-Cordeiro
Best Photo Booth Moments From The Singapore Tatler Ball 2018
October 29, 2018 | BY Chloe Pekphoto_library