Why You Should Check Out The Michelin Guide Street Food Festival
Gourmands, mark your calenders because the third edition of the much-awaited Michelin Guide Street Food Festival is taking place from February 22 to 24, 2019, at The Coliseum, Resorts World Sentosa.
This means that many of your favourite Michelin-starred or Bib Gourmand establishments, offering everything from local to Australian fare, will be serving their signature dishes.
While you can expect to find exceptional foods at pocket-friendly prices, it would also be good to note that 10 of this year's 15 featured restaurants are new additions. Hot on our list are modern Australian grill Burnt Ends, which will be serving up delicious steaks, and Sichuan restaurant Shisen Hanten by Chen Kentaro, which will surely draw throngs of fans of its silky and savoury mapo doufu.
Plus, look forward to smoky, succulent chicken yakitori from Toritama Shirokane.
If what you really crave is something local, rest assured some of the island's most celebrated, from Tai Wah Pork Noodle's famous bak chor mee, to Rolina's traditional Hainanese curry puffs and steamed rice cakes with palm sugar from Traditional Haig Road Putu Piring are included in this exciting lineup.
Here is the complete list of participating establishments:
1. Burnt Ends (1 Michelin star) *New
2. Char (Michelin Plate)
3. Ji Ji Wonton Noodle (Michelin Plate) *New
4. Maguro-Donya Miura-Misaki-Kou (Michelin Plate)
5. New Ubin Seafood (Bib Gourmand)
6. Ola Cocina del Mar (Michelin Plate) *New
7. Pondok Makan Indonesia (Michelin Plate) *New
8. Rang Mahal (Michelin Plate) *New
9. Rolina Traditional Hainanese Curry Puff (Bib Gourmand) *New
10 Shisen Hanten (2 Michelin stars) *New
11. Tai Wah Pork Noodle (Bib Gourmand) *New
12. Traditional Haig Road Putu Piring (Michelin Plate)
13. Toritama Shirokane (Bib Gourmand) *New
14. True Blue Cuisine (Bib Gourmand) *New
15. Zhong Guo La Mian Xiao Long Bao (Michelin Plate)
Click here for more information about the event.